This annual event is designed to:
- Provide practical, concrete information that is useful within the first semester and that is applicable in various disciplines and for faculty at various career stages
- Connect faculty with useful resources as a part of long-term professional development
- Build cross-departmental community and connection to the institution
- Encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Excite new faculty about teaching at U.Va.; build their confidence
- Convey a sense that teaching is a scholarly activity; introduce participants to research-based pedagogy
ALL full and part-time faculty members hired after September 1, 2014 are invited to attend. If you are new to U.Va. and you have not received an invitation, please contact us.
The 2015 new faculty orientation will be held on August 18-19, 2014 at Alumni Hall.
Questions? Please feel free to call us: 434-924-6865.
Download the 2015 Program (pdf).
If you have already established a U.Va. Netbadge, you may register on-line using this link.
If you do not yet have a Netbadge, email us directly and we will register you manually.