This annual event is designed to:
- Provide practical, concrete information that is useful within the first semester and that is applicable in various disciplines and for faculty at various career stages
- Connect faculty with useful resources as a part of long-term professional development
- Build cross-departmental community and connection to the institution
- Encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Excite new faculty about teaching at U.Va.; build their confidence
- Convey a sense that teaching is a scholarly activity; introduce participants to research-based pedagogy
ALL full and part-time faculty members hired after September 1, 2013 are invited to attend. If you are new to U.Va. and you have not received an invitation, please contact us.
This year’s new faculty orientation is on August 18-20, 2014 at Alumni Hall (program below). Register Now.
Questions? Please feel free to call us: 434-924-6865.
Click here for a printable version with full descriptions.