In its 2014 End-of-Year Report to the Provost, the Non-Tenure Track Task Force recommended that a website be created to serve as a clearinghouse for all school and unit policies relating to non-tenure track faculty. The Provost’s Office has requested that schools forward their policies so that they can be posted here. The goal of this clearinghouse is to make the policies more transparent and accessible to faculty and to provide a helpful repository of information as the Task Force moves forward.
You may click on the links or documents below to access specific policies. If your school has a policy and you notice that it is not included here, please email Maggie Harden at email@example.com with a link to or copy of your policy.
College and Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- General Faculty Renewal & Promotion
- Summary of Review Process for Non-Track Faculty in Arts & Sciences
McIntire School of Commerce
Curry School of Education
School of Engineering and Applied Science
School of Law
- Expectation of Continuing Employment Review Process for Non-Tenure-Track Faculty in the Law School
- Promotion Process for Non-Tenure-Track Faculty in the Law School
Frank Batten School of Leadership and Public Policy
School of Medicine
School of Nursing
- School of Nursing: Promotion and Tenure Policies and Procedures and Criteria for Teaching, Research and Service According to Professional Rank