The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost (EVPP) provides a broad range of academic career development opportunities such as workshops, mentoring, and support to all faculty members, including department chairs and deans.
- Workshops and Events presented by the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost (EVPP) provide a broad range of academic career development opportunities.
- New Faculty Orientation provides an opportunity for new faculty members to learn about resources available to them as well as to learn about the history and culture of the University and what is expected of them as faculty.
- The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) conducts teaching consultations, programs, and workshops regularly throughout the year.
- The Leadership in Academic Matters program equips and supports faculty to be effective leaders in diverse roles at the University.
- Teaching Race at UVA is a place-based seminar that provides UVA faculty from any discipline with an understanding of the history of race at UVA and in Charlottesville, within a national context and equips faculty to effectively incorporate teaching about seminar content into their courses.
- University of Virginia has joined the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity. This gives all UVA faculty, postdocs, and graduate students a free membership to the Center, with access to events, workshops, and other resources offering support for writing, research, balancing your life as a professional, and much more.
Pan-University Professional Development Opportunities
- The Center for Leadership Excellence provides a series of integrated programs and services designed to prepare, equip, and support people to succeed in fulfilling their leadership roles.
- Information Technology and Services (ITS) offers faculty and technology development through the Instructional Technology Group.
- Health Research Resources
- Research Development Support, Vice President for Research Office provides a variety of services to support research development across the Grounds.
Jennie S. Knight, Ph.D.
Assistant Vice Provost for Faculty Development
Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost
Booker House, 205A
1709 University Avenue
University of Virginia