The 2019 New Faculty Orientation will be held on August 20 - 21 at The Rotunda.
This annual event is designed to:
- Provide practical, concrete information that is useful within the first semester and that is applicable in various disciplines and for faculty at various career stages
- Connect faculty with useful resources as a part of long-term professional development
- Build cross-departmental community and connection to the institution
- Encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Excite new faculty about teaching at UVA; build their confidence
- Convey a sense that teaching is a scholarly activity; introduce participants to research-based pedagogy