The 2017 New Faculty Orientation will be held on August 15-16, 2017 at The Rotunda.
This annual event is designed to:
- Provide practical, concrete information that is useful within the first semester and that is applicable in various disciplines and for faculty at various career stages
- Connect faculty with useful resources as a part of long-term professional development
- Build cross-departmental community and connection to the institution
- Encourage a healthy work-life balance
- Excite new faculty about teaching at UVA; build their confidence
- Convey a sense that teaching is a scholarly activity; introduce participants to research-based pedagogy
All full and part-time faculty members hired after September 1, 2016 are invited to attend. If you are new to UVA and you have not received an invitation, please contact us.
Questions? Please feel free to call: 434-924-6865.
If you have already established a UVA Netbadge, you may register on-line.
If you do not yet have a Netbadge, email us directly and we will register you manually.