The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost (EVPP) provides a broad range of academic career development opportunities such as workshops, mentoring, and support to all faculty members, including department chairs and deans.
- Workshops and Events presented by the Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost (EVPP) provide a broad range of academic career development opportunities.
- New Faculty Orientation provides an opportunity for new faculty members to learn about resources available to them as well as to learn about the history and culture of the University and what is expected of them as faculty.
- The Leadership in Academic Matters program equips and supports faculty to be effective leaders in diverse roles at the University.
- Teaching Race at UVA: Faculty Development Seminar invites Faculty from all schools and departments at UVA to participate in the first cohort of a faculty development seminar that will provide UVA faculty with an in-depth understanding of the history of race at UVA, in Charlottesville.
- University of Virginia has joined the National Center for Faculty Development and Diversity. This gives all UVA faculty, postdocs, and graduate students a free membership to the Center, with access to events, workshops, and other resources offering support for writing, research, balancing your life as a professional, and much more.
Pan-University Professional Development Opportunities
- Information Technology and Services (ITS) offers faculty and technology development through the Instructional Technology Group.
- The Center for Leadership Excellence provides a series of integrated programs and services designed to prepare, equip, and support people to succeed in fulfilling their leadership roles.
- The Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) conducts teaching consultations, programs, and workshops regularly throughout the year.