Committee Reporting Relationship
The Press Board reports to the Executive Vice President and Provost.
The University of Virginia Press Board is charged to authorize the publication of books by the Press; safeguard the scholarly integrity of the Press imprint; advise the Director of the Press on the publication and distribution of books; and assist the Director in administering the finances of the Press.
The Board, appointed by the Executive Vice President and Provost, consists of up to nine faculty/staff members from the University, other Virginia colleges and universities, and the publishing industry. In addition, the Vice Provost for Academic Programs, a representative from the Office of the President, and the Director of the University of Virginia Press serve as ex-officio members without term. The Director also serves as the Executive Secretary.
As of August 2016
- Lynn M. Sanders, Chair (School of Arts & Sciences)
- Douglas Bradburn (Fred W. Smith National Library for the Study of George Washington Mt. Vernon)
- Anna Brickhouse (School of Arts & Sciences)
- Bernie Carlson (School of Arts & Sciences)
- Jane Censer (Dept. of History & Art History, George Mason University)
- Sheila Crane (School of Architecture)
- Matthew Hedstrom (School of Arts & Sciences)
- Michael Malouf (Dept. of English, George Mason University)
- Susan Moomaw (School of Architecture)
- Mark Saunders (University Press)
- Jonathan Bown (President's Office)
- Archie Holmes (Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost)