The Thomas Jefferson Award for service nomination is open to all UVA faculty members and staff members serving in a University Managerial and Professional or University Executive staff position who have been employed by the University in a full-time capacity for 15 or more years. Retired faculty and staff members are not eligible with one exception – faculty and staff members who have retired after April 1, 2019, are eligible. The selection committee is looking for a nominee who has provided long-term and significant service to their school/unit and to the University as a whole. The committee will also consider service to their profession and/or community.
Before submitting your nomination packet, please check if the person is eligible for the award:
- Full-time faculty member, University Managerial and Professional staff member, or University Executive staff member
- Employed by the University of Virginia in a full-time capacity for at least 15 years.
- Currently employed by the University or retired after April 1, 2019.
The nomination packet should include all required documents as listed below and should be submitted as a single pdf in the following order:
- Letter of Nomination describing the detailed contributions of the nominee (in 1,000-2,000 words)
- Supporting Letters
- Minimum of three supporting letters with a maximum of five
- Curriculum Vita / Resume
The deadline for nominations is March 1, 2021.