Procedure for Reviewing Administrative or Professional General Faculty for the Expectation of Continued Employment (ECE)
Related Policy: HRM-003, Employment of Administrative or Professional General Faculty Members
The Office of the Executive Vice President and Provost accepts nomination packets and recommendations regarding ECE twice each year: February 1st and October 1st.
Schools/units should notify eligible A/P general faculty of the ECE review process and these guidelines at least three months in advance of the submission date to the Provost’s Office.
Each eligible A/P general faculty member and the supervisor will compile an ECE packet with may include, but is not limited to:
- Annual reports for the previous six years
- Annual performance reviews for the previous six years
- A personal statement of accomplishments and goals from the faculty member
- Letters of recommendation and endorsement (usually a minimum of three, typically submitted directly to the faculty member’s supervisor) or the results of a comprehensive review administered within the previous year that provides unbiased feedback on the faculty member’s performance from a variety of individuals
- Other materials that may support the recommendation
Deans/unit heads review the ECE packets and submit the packets, along with their recommendation regarding ECE (positive or negative), to the executive vice president and provost by February 1st or October 1st.
ECE packets and dean/unit head recommendations will be reviewed by a panel of senior A/P general faculty members and the provost’s designee (usually the vice provost for administration and chief of staff).
The panel makes its recommendations to the provost, who will respond in writing to the appropriate dean or unit head regarding the ECE decision on or around April 1st (for packets submitted by February 1st) or on or around December 1st (for packets submitted by October 1st).