Appointments, Tenure & Evaluation

Appointments of Foreign Faculty and Researchers

The University does not employ a citizen of another nation unless that individual has a valid visa status for the position in question. The United States Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services, Department of Labor, Department of State, and the U.S. Information Agency are government agencies which regulate the entry into the U.S. and the employment of non-U.S. citizens and permanent residents. Thus, the hiring of foreign nationals is complicated by the involvement of such diverse branches of government.