COAA - Professional Development
Now is the time to build your skillset and general knowledge around accessibility!
Are you looking for opportunities to network with peers and learn more about disability and accessibility?
Take a look at the national and regional conferences as well as training and certification opportunities listed below.
Do you need guidance on creating or refreshing position descriptions for a focus on accessibility?
The following resources will guide developing and redefining position descriptions to help build internal capacity around accessibility:
- How To Hire For Digital Accessibility Roles (Smashing Magazine)
- Accessibility Skills Hiring Toolkit (TeachAccess)
- Staffing (California Community Colleges / Accessibility Center)
- Univ of Michigan A11y Language for Hiring Process (Univ of Michigan - Google Doc)
- The Question Still Remains: How Do I Know YOU Know Accessibility? (Guidance when interviewing candidates for an accessibility-related position. A presentation was given at the Accessing Higher Ground by Michele Williams and Mallory van Achterberg on November 17, 2017. Linked here with permission.)
- Position description examples from our peers are available. These can be requested by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
National & Regional Conferences
Education and Certification Opportunities
UVA Hosted: Upcoming Opportunities & Information From Past Events