COAA - Professional Development
Are you looking for opportunities to network with peers and learn more about disability and accessibility?
Take a look at the national and regional conferences as well as training and certification opportunities listed below.
Do you need guidance on creating or refreshing position descriptions for a focus on accessibility?
The following resources will guide developing and redefining position descriptions to help build internal capacity around accessibility:
- How To Hire For Digital Accessibility Roles (Smashing Magazine)
- Accessibility Skills Hiring Toolkit (TeachAccess)
- Staffing (California Community Colleges / Accessibility Center)
- Univ of Michigan A11y Language for Hiring Process (Univ of Michigan - Google Doc)
- The Question Still Remains: How Do I Know YOU Know Accessibility? (Guidance when interviewing candidates for an accessibility-related position. A presentation was given at the Accessing Higher Ground by Michele Williams and Mallory van Achterberg on November 17, 2017. Linked here with permission.)
- Position description examples from our peers are available. These can be requested by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.