Read&Write offers reading, writing, studying, and research support tools that integrate with your computing device for universal learning options. Its powerful tools and text to speech capabilities, among many other learning aids, give extra confidence and alternative learning opportunities to everyone, improving their understanding, accuracy, communications, and productivity, especially for those with learning difficulties like dyslexia or cognition issues. It is also beneficial for English Language Learners and offers translation tools.
A Read&Write software license has been made available to the entire University community through the Office of the Provost's continuing commitment to the accessibility of our learning environment.
Download the software via the ITS Software Gateway:
Read&Write benefits individuals with learning difficulties, dyslexia or visual impairments, English Language Learners (ELL) and those learning English as a Second Language (ESL).
- Improves confidence for struggling readers
- Helps students with dyslexia and other literacy challenges
- Assists English Language Learners and individuals with English as a Second Language
- Promotes independent learning and supports students in and outside the classroom
Read&Write allows users to:
- Hear web pages and documents read aloud to improve reading comprehension, with a choice of natural voices
- Understand unfamiliar words with text and picture dictionaries
- Develop writing skills with word prediction
- Support independent student research with valuable study skills tools